Saturday 15 February 2014

The prompt - week 5

mumturnedmomThis weeks prompt from Mum turned mom is the following quote.

'Happiness is anyone and anything at all, that’s loved by you.' You’re A Good Man, Charlie Brown



I very much agree with the above quote as I know that the biggest thing in the world that makes me the most happy is my husband and my three children who I love the most in the world. Sometimes when life gets hard I sometimes think to myself that if we had more money we would be happy or if we had more holidays aboard then we would be happy or if I had more clothes then I would be happy and so on, but when all is said and done, none of those things would mean anything without my family.

I am very lucky to have met my soul mate at the young age of 15 years. People said that we would never last as I was too young to know what love really was and I am not going to pretend that it has been easy as we have been through so much together, but 18 years later and we are still together and I think that says a lot. I have made no secret on my blog that we have been having problems but we are working through them and day by day things are getting better and deep down inside I know that I would be lost without him. He has been making a real effort since we sat down and talked about how things were just over a month ago and this Valentines it really showed.

Darren brought me a card, a box of chocolate hearts, a single red rose, a framed photograph of the two of us together, a note pad and pen set and a heart shaped box that he filled with rose petals. On each rose petal he wrote little messages like 'I will sit and brush your hair for you' (I love having my hair brushed!) and 'I will give you a foot massage'. Every thing was so thoughtful, I had tears of happiness in my eyes when I opened everything this morning.

I am also really lucky to have my three beautiful girls who also make me so happy each and every day. Lauren is beautiful, clever, doing so well at school, fun to spend time with, popular, and an excellent dancer. Chloe is also beautiful, clever, independent, funny, doing well at school and taking after myself with a love of acting. Faith is sweet, kind, beautiful, keen to learn, smart and loves to be the centre of attention. I am so proud to be their mum and I truly treasure each and every day that I spend with them.

They came down this morning and they were all so pleased and thankful for the little packets of love and cards that I made them. It really did make me smile to see them smiling. It was a lovely way to start the day.

So when asked what makes me happy the simple answer is; Darren, Lauren, Chloe and Faith.

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful reasons to be happy, all the money in the world couldn't replace the happiness we get from our family. It sounds like you had a very special Valentines Day xx Thanks so much for linking to #ThePrompt xx

    ReplyDelete